Mr Yu's birthday
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Hello Band! Today we didn't really play our new songs but that doesn't matter because combined practice wasn't slacking. I'm still unhappy with some of your attitude, those who purposely came late to miss marching in the morning. If you want to be in Band, then be responsible! And if you were wondering why I wasn't at marching, it's because I was completing Mr Yu and Mr Yeo's cards with Jaslyn and Xue Qi (the Sec 1s' cards). Mr Yeo wanted to come today but didn't in the end, that's why we only celebrated Mr Yu's belated birthday. It was yesterday.
The warm ups that Mr Yu did with us today, I think it's good for articulation so we should include that in our warm-ups with student conductors :) Also, I'm really happy that you all were patient today at the end of practice. If you noticed I was acting strange, it was because I was stalling for time while Mavis went to get cake knives as the cake didn't come with one -.- And when we finally presented Mr Yu the cake and HUGE card, I'm very happy that you all were very enthusiastic about it and the birthday song! :) Unfortunately he was unwell and couldn't eat the ice-cream cake :( But I'm sure we made his day! ^_^ You see, he's sick and still chose to come and teach us, so we should appreciate him and love him just like he loves us! :)
Credit goes to: Mavis, Jaslyn & Xue Qi for staying back till 7pm+ yesterday to help me make the cards, Mavis for buying the cake and planning the surprise together :)
We were unable to carry out punishment today because the school was hurrying us to lock up, but that doesn't mean you continue coming late. Just to let you know, coming late - 30 squats, skipping practice - 50 squats. It's subjective by the way (means it depends), and it's accumulative too. See you on Tuesday at the band room, don't be late!
~Rebecca (don't you think Mr Yu's card looks like a Hong Kong flag with red and white? :D Haha!)














