Friday, July 23, 2010
Yo Band! :) First time Rebecca posting here! I will update as frequently as possible. Hmm... today's sectionals was quite lousy don't you think? So many of you came late just because no conductors were here today.
Sectionals is for you to practice your parts, synchronise with your section things like articulation, dynamics and other little details of the music and of course to know your parts well. You all find it boring during combined practice when Mr Yu keeps stopping to work with some sections right? That's because you don't know how to play and he has to teach you using the band's time together which shouldn't be the case. So if you don't want that, if you want NAS Band to improve (and stop getting looked down on by the school -.-) then PRACTICE and DON'T SLACK :) I've never given up on Band, so you shouldn't (and you can't, haha! XD). Today Ms Siti (she's the percussion senior if you didn't know) went to SCH for the NBC award ceremony to collect our SILVER certificate! :D Happy? I hope the school will announce our achievement now that we have the cert. I've been waiting for weeks! I'm sure all of you are waiting too :) But! We must NOT stop here or we will get the same thing for SYF next year... LET'S ALL HAVE A COMMON GOAL OF GOLD FOR NEXT YEAR! :)
And, if you're wondering why the information in this blog is outdated, like the members, committee, conductors and awards, that's because I'm not an admin so I have no access to the blog template. That hasn't been updated since last year... :s But if Jay let's me become admin I'll change it :) I love you Band! :)
We're celebrating our Mr LY & LY's birthdays tomorrow, yeah! Bye! :D
~Rebecca (loves you!)














